Throughout the month of November, MSB students have been learning about the virtue of thankfulness.
In the middle school, they have a gratitude jar that is overflowing with thank you notes from student to student, student to teachers, student to parent and friends.
Being thankful is appreciating the things you have and the people you care about. The act of giving thanks is a habit we all can do. It is free, a gift and the secret to contentment and happiness.
I was particularly pleased to hear that at least one MSB family had started a gratitude jar at home to celebrate and acknowledge the good in their family life.
Here is a selection of quotes from Grade 7/8 students reflecting on reasons they are thankful for MSB:
- “I am thankful for my bus monitor and bus driver. They make sure that everyone is safe on the bus”
- “I am thankful for the teachers they work so hard and care about me”
- “I am thankful for the Ayi’s who clean and are so friendly”
- “I am thankful for the Chinese government for keeping covid under control, so I don’t have online classes”
- “I am thankful for the security guards to make the school safe”
- “I am thankful that at MSB if I need to talk to someone about troubles there are teachers there for me that I can talk to”
- “I am thankful for my classmates to be friendly”
Please enjoy this open letter of thanks from Charis of Grade 6: