We are always seeking a qualified pool of teachers, teaching assistants, and specialists for substitute positions. Candidates must be in Beijing, have a flexible schedule, have strong English communication skills, hold a college or university degree, and be excited to interact with children! Prior teaching experience, a sense of humor, and an eagerness to learn are also desirable.
Initially, all we need is your CV. Once we have that our HR team will reach out to you for more information.
- The substitute teacher is hired to teach at MSB in the absence of the regular teacher.
- The substitute teacher will guide the student academically, socially, physically, and emotionally in a manner that fosters the overall development and well-being of each individual.
- The substitute teacher will establish a strong and mutually supportive relationship with co-teachers to form an effective teaching team.
- The substitute teacher shall also maintain a positive and caring environment, to provide sensitive support to each child and to challenge each child to reach his/her fullest potential in each developmental area.
Teaching Duties & Responsibilities & Classroom Management:
- To teach scheduled classes according to teacher’s lesson plan.
- To prepare and maintain an orderly environment in which the furnishings and materials are complete, appealing and appropriate to the needs of school.
- To prepare a summary of work completed, special situations or problems and leave it with the division head and co-teacher at end of the day.
- To take up all duties and responsibilities of the absent teacher.
- To maintain a positive and caring environment, to provide sensitive support to each child.
- To challenge each child to reach his/her fullest potential in each development area.
- To maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- To comply with school polices, regulations and procedures.
- To perform other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Montessori qualifications or related Montessori experience would be valued.
- Early childhood education/elementary teaching certification is desirable.
- A background reference check is required.
Daily or short-term substitute is paid on an hourly or daily rate.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to Daphne Deng at HR@msb.edu.cn