A School Student Services Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and
coordinating support services to students, including academic, social-emotional, and behavioral
support. This role requires an individual who is passionate about education and dedicated to
improving the lives of students.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop and implement programs to support the academic, social-emotional, and behavioral
needs of students.
2. Collaborate with teachers, counselors, and administrators to identify and address the needs of
3. Provide crisis intervention and support to students in need, including counseling, referrals to
outside agencies, and other appropriate interventions.
4. Maintain accurate records of student progress, interventions, and services provided.
5. Communicate regularly with parents/guardians regarding their child's progress and any
concerns or issues that arise.
6. Organize and lead parent meetings, workshops, and other events related to student services.
7. Stay up-to-date on best practices in student services and incorporate them into program
development and implementation.
8. Develop and manage budgets for student services programs.
9. Supervise and train staff members involved in student services, including counselors, tutors,
10. Participate in school-wide events and initiatives, including open houses, orientation, and other
11. Coordinate the EAL Program
12. Supervise the Student Services Staff
13. Other as requested by Head of School
Academic & Professional Qualifications
1. Master’s Degree in Education (Special Education, Curriculum, Counseling, Leadership)
Bachelor's degree in Education and current Teaching Certificate
2. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with
students, parents, and staff.
3. Knowledge of counseling techniques and crisis intervention strategies.
4. Knowledge of EAL programs and experience teaching EAL, Language Arts Programs.
5. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
6. Strong organizational and administrative skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
8. Experience working with diverse populations and an understanding of cultural differences.
9. Working in Beijing at an International or Bilingual School as asset.
A School Student Services Coordinator typically works in an Resource/Classroom/office
environment within a school. Meetings will be required regularly to meet with students, parents, or
outside agencies. Evening and weekend work may be necessary to attend meetings or events. The
role can be emotionally challenging as it involves working with students who may be experiencing
difficult or stressful situations.
Salary & Benefits
The salary and benefits package are competitive and will be commensurate with the qualifications
and experience of the successful candidate.
This job description may be changed at any time depending on required responsibilities. The staff
member will be informed when this occurs.