We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Grade 3/4 Classroom Teacher to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a safe and engaging learning environment for students, as well as planning and implementing age-appropriate lessons and activities that align with the curriculum. The Grade 3/4 Elementary Montessori Classroom Teacher is responsible for creating a stimulating and supportive learning environment that promotes the intellectual, social, and emotional development of students in a Montessori setting. The teacher is responsible for planning and implementing curriculum, assessing student progress, and communicating with parents and colleagues.
• Plan and deliver engaging and developmentally appropriate lessons that align with the curriculum and meet the diverse needs of all learners.
• Create a safe and welcoming classroom environment that promotes positive learning experiences for all students.
• Assess student learning through a variety of methods and provide ongoing feedback to students and families.
• Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement school-wide initiatives and programs.
• Use technology and other resources to enhance instruction and support student learning.
• Communicate regularly with families to provide updates on student progress and support home-school partnerships.
• Participate in professional development opportunities to stay current with best practices in education.
1. Curriculum Planning and Implementation:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive and challenging Montessori and Common Core curriculum that meets the individual needs and abilities of each student.
• Use a variety of teaching strategies and resources to engage students in learning and promote critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity.
• Create a safe and welcoming learning environment that fosters mutual respect, cooperation, and independence.
• Provide opportunities for students to develop social skills, self-confidence, and leadership abilities.
2. Assessment and Evaluation:
• Use a variety of formal and informal assessment strategies to monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student performance and progress.
• Provide regular feedback to students and parents on student progress and achievement.
• Use MAP data to improve student literacy and math achievement
3. Communication and Collaboration:
• Communicate regularly with parents to provide updates on student progress and discuss any concerns or issues.
• Collaborate with other teachers and staff members to support student learning and development.
• Attend and participate in meetings, conferences, and professional development opportunities as required.
4. Classroom Management:
• Maintain a well-organized and structured classroom environment that promotes learning and student engagement.
• Establish clear expectations and routines for behavior and classroom procedures.
• Manage student behavior effectively and fairly, using positive reinforcement and appropriate consequences when necessary.
The teacher may also be required to participate in outdoor activities, field trips, and other events as part of the curriculum. The position may require occasional evening or weekend work, such as parent-teacher conferences or school events.
• Bachelor's degree in Education
• Montessori certification for Elementary Education (ages 6-12) preferred
• Minimum of two years of teaching experience in an Elementary setting
• Knowledge of current pedagogical practices and ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
• Demonstrated proficiency in using technology to support instruction
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to adapt to the needs of individual students and adjust instruction accordingly