The International Montessori School of Beijing (MSB) is looking for a leader for the Elementary School program to begin in August 2023. The ideal candidate will share our passion for the Montessori methodology and is capable of nurturing and advancing the practices in place while also introducing innovative new directions. The leader also has the talent and perseverance required to grow enrolment, attract, and retain staff, and build a strong community among staff, students, and parents.
The principal's primary responsibility is to provide leadership by serving as a senior leader of the elementary school (Toddler, Early Childhood—Grade 5).
The principal is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring instructional programs consistent with the school's mission and core values that reflect students' needs.
In collaboration with the academic and operational leadership teams, teachers, parents, and students, the principal establishes an environment in which all students have access to exceptional academic programs, support for student’s social-emotional and learning needs.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and implementation of current best practices in instruction, curriculum, early childhood and elementary learning, and SEL
- Knowledge and implementation of Literacy Program Development
- Knowledge and experience effectively integrating technology into the classroom
- Effective facilitator of adult learning and leader of professional development
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Experience living in a multicultural environment and working with a diverse community.
- Ability to Interpret student data (MAP)
- Ability to assist in coordinating and/or providing virtual /distance learning to students via Teams-Office 365
- Montessori certification an asset
- Experience with WIDA an asset
- Experience as an Elementary Principal in a diverse multicultural school
Academic & Professional Qualifications
Master's degree or higher in educational leadership, curriculum, and instruction or related field
- Five (5) years of administrative experience
- Certification required
Salary & Benefits
The salary and benefits package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you're interested in this position, please send your CV to: HR@msb.edu.cn