Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The teacher will guide the student academically, socially, physically, and emotionally, fostering each student’s overall development and well-being.
- The teacher will establish a strong and mutually supportive relationship with his/her Chinese co-teacher to form an effective teaching team.
- The teacher’s goal is to foster a stimulating, inspiring, and safe learning environment in which the child becomes a proactive learner.
- The teacher shall also maintain a positive and caring learning environment, providing sensitive support to each child and challenging each child to reach his/her fullest potential in each developmental area.
Teaching Duties & Responsibilities:
- To deliver and review the MSB Montessori curriculum in collaboration with colleagues and the academic team.
- To create concrete and supportive learning tools as required to deliver the program to the highest of standard.
- To review and evaluate one’s teaching methodologies and strategies in line with the Montessori philosophy and evidence-based teaching practices.
- To prepare and maintain an orderly environment ensuring that the furnishings and materials are complete, appealing, and appropriate to the needs of the group.
- To attend all staff meetings, including team planning meetings.
- To create weekly and daily lesson plans, which will outline the goals, content, and support resources to be undertaken in the daily work with the students.
- To maintain current and accurate records of classroom attendance, children’s daily progress and achievement through anecdotes, collections of children’s work for a portfolio, and individual assessment to facilitate accurate progress reporting as set out by the school.
- To monitor and liaise with all specialist teachers regarding the students’ progress.
- To conduct parent conferences and report verbally to parents the progress of their child as set out by the school.
- To maintain discipline and manage the classroom in the manner set out by the school handbook and aligned to the Montessori philosophy.
- To conduct Classroom Parents Orientation and Parent Education evenings.
- To undertake other supervisory duties such as in the playground and lunchroom as set out by the school.
- To attend and participate in all school-wide functions and professional development workshops.
- To lead one after-school activity each school year at no additional compensation.
Professional Growth and Conduct:
- To conduct oneself professionally, courteously, and ethically at all times; being respectful of all members of the MSB community and dressing appropriately as a representative of our community.
- To participate in any in-service education programs conducted by the school each year.
- To participate in the observation of other classrooms, attend seminars and advanced coursework where possible.
- To protect the privacy of each member of the school community and always maintain a safe and collaborative working environment.
- To notify the academic principal and division head of any personal or professional difficulty with children, parents, staff, or community members.
- To support the development efforts of the MSB community through visibility at various events throughout the year.
- To participate in performance review and self-evaluation as required by the Senior Academic Team.
This job description may be changed at any time, depending on required responsibilities. The staff member will be informed when this occurs.
Immediate Supervisor: Division Head & Academic Principal
Salary is commensurate with experience. The benefits package includes a monthly housing allowance, annual air ticket allowance. Worldwide Medical Health Insurance is included, excluding USA coverage. The school will sponsor a “Z” visa for successful candidates. All international and local holidays with pay.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com