- The teacher will guide the student academically, socially, physically, and emotionally in a manner that fosters the overall development and well-being of each individual.
- The teacher will establish a strong and mutually supportive relationship with his/her Chinese co-teacher to form an effective teaching team.
- The teacher’s goal is to create a stimulating and inspiring learning environment in which the child becomes a proactive learner.
- The teacher shall also maintain a positive and caring environment, to provide sensitive support to each child and to challenge each child to reach his/her fullest potential in each developmental area.
Teaching Duties & Responsibilities & Classroom Management:
- To refine and execute the school curriculum in cooperation with your colleagues and academic team.
- To create concrete and supportive learning tools as required to deliver your program to the highest standard.
- To prepare and maintain an orderly environment in which the furnishings and materials are complete, appealing and appropriate to the needs of the group.
- To attend all staff meetings including monthly team planning meetings.
- To create weekly and daily lesson plans which will outline the goals, content and support resources to be undertaken in your daily work with your pupils.
- To maintain current and accurate records of classroom attendance, children’s daily progress, attainment and achievement, through anecdotes, collections of children’s work for portfolio and individual assessment.
- To monitor and liaise with all specialist teachers regarding the students’ progress.
- To compile this knowledge in written format for the purpose of writing progress reports as set out by the school.
- To conduct parent conferences and report verbally to parents regarding the progress of their child as set out by the school.
- To attend and participate in all school-wide functions, professional development workshops, Parent Orientation and Parent Education evenings.
- To maintain discipline and manage your classroom in the manner set out by the school handbook, with absolute and utter total respect for the child at all times.
- To undertake other supervisory duties such as in the playground and lunchroom as set out by the school.
- To participate in any in-service education programs conducted by the school each year.
- To participate in the observation of other classrooms, attend seminars and advanced coursework where possible.
- To lead one after school activity per term each year at no additional compensation.
- Native English speaker: USA, CANADA, UK, SOUTH AFRICA or AUSTRALIA, effective communicator
- Montessori qualifications or related Montessori experience would be valued. Montessori training will be provided if necessary.
- Early childhood education/elementary teaching certification from North America, Australia/New Zealand, South Africa, or the United Kingdom
- BA degree with 5+ years teaching experience at least
- Enthusiastic, outgoing nature
- Ability to embrace a team teaching concept
- Ability to work in a team
- Enthusiasm for new cultures and experiences
- Creative problem-solving skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. The benefits package includes a monthly housing allowance, annual air ticket allowance. Worldwide Medical Health Insurance is included, excluding USA coverage. The school will sponsor a “Z” visa for successful candidates. All international and local holidays with pay.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org