Duties & Responsibilities:
- To create an innovative and exciting Library environment which will support the children’s interest in literacy.
- To encourage children to confidently explore the library.
- To maintain a hands-on approach to the acquisition of the concepts mentioned above.
- To assist the children with appropriate book selections and guide the circulation of the library.
- To be completely responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of an aesthetically attractive and neatly organized environment with beautifully presented display boards.
- This experience and/or environment must model the principles of the school ethos and the philosophy and methodology of Montessori.
- To be involved with the Lead teachers in planning curriculum for the library.
- To create daily lesson plans, where suitable, which will outline the goals, content and support resources to be used in the delivery of your program.
- To be responsible for any orders, resources and inventory of materials.
- To monitor and liaise with the class teachers regarding the students’ progress and to write comments and assessments of the students for the appropriate progress reports.
- To attend and participate in parents evenings and curriculum presentations and attend all school wide functions, staff meetings, and professional development workshops.
- To undertake other supervisory duties such as in the playground and lunch room as set out by the school.
- To undertake after-school classes from Monday to Friday for one hour.
- To oversee the reading program as directed by the Elementary and Reception coordinators.
- To use common sense and a pro-active demeanor in preventing any issues from developing into full-blown problems.
- Native English Speaker: USA, CANADA, UK, SOUTH AFRICA or AUSTRALIA , effective communicator
- Early childhood education/elementary teaching certification from North America, Australia/New Zealand, South Africa, or United Kingdom
- BA degree with 3+ years Liberian/teaching experience at least
- Enthusiastic, outgoing nature
- Ability to embrace a team teaching concept
- Ability to work in a team
- Enthusiasm for new cultures and experiences
- Creative problem solving skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes a monthly housing allowance, annual air ticket allowance. Worldwide Medical Health Insurance is included, excluding USA coverage. School will sponsor a “Z” visa for successful candidates. All international and local holidays with pay.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to HR Manager at email@example.com